The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Quick Play and RPG Style

By Posted May 22, 2008 15:32:30
What I'd really like to see in this game online is mutliple play options. Particularly I'd like a game style where you can just jump into a game and go from the minimum level to the maximum level by the end of a normal match. But I'd also like to see some type of ladder system that has a much slower leveling style. What I'm trying to explain is something like Diablo II's ladder system. It would take a while to get to a high level, but it would be awesome to be able to enter games and just be a beast compared to some of the lower level players.

Obviously there would be a lot of issues to account for in this system. You'd have to make some incentive for players to play in a ladder environment instead of just quick games, perhaps some sort of unique gear or higher levels and abilities. You'd have to have actual matches where you can increases you level paired up fairly, but at the same time I'd like to see custom games that can be played with a ladder character with no level restrictions.

I don't know how difficult it would be to impliment something along these lines, but I think it would be really neat.
0 Karma 3 Replies 0 Referrals
May 22, 2008 20:50:43
Nothing in-game will carry over from one match to another (aside from perhaps stats, which in turn can possibly give you some sorts of aesthetic options. A lot of the fun comes from starting with a fresh slate to work with, choosing this set of abilities or buying those certain items differently. If you were to do matches that have players keep the same character, though you would lose the "clean slate" appeal, you would be able to rush right into the fray with many flashy abilities, which might be neat for some quick matches.

If something like this were to go in, I don't think that they would give you a persistent Demigod, I think that they would give the hosts the options to set a starting level and allow the players to set up a Demigod in the lobby with what skills they would like to start with before the match starts.
May 25, 2008 22:41:38
I'd like to expand on this, and neglect your post since I do not really believe it would suit the Demigod game.

How about a "quick play" mode, where all units are maxed out in level? It would still be quite balanced but might be fun and crazy, lol. Only thing lacking would then be resources which you would gain by killing stuff.
May 26, 2008 07:17:28
I think that the idea with a starting level is a good one, especially for a quick but intense match with none of the work of leveling up.
Stardock Forums v1.5.3075.11648
© 1995-2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.
All times are EST. The time is now 22:20:47
Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000031   Page Render Time:
?? 2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.

Gas Powered Games and Demigod are trademarks of Gas Powered Games Corp. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
Stardock and the Stardock logo are registered trademarks of Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.