The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Firefox 3 Release & Stardock Site Compatibility
Jun 30, 2008 12:59

Firefox 3.0 goes final and is scheduled for release on Tuesday, June 17th.

There are currently known incompatibilities between Firefox 3 and many of our sites and forums.  For the most part, the sites function properly, but have formatting issues.  A specific example are the login & password fields to log into these forums.  In Firefox 3, instead of both being on the same line, they are stacked vertically.

We will be addressing these visual issues in time.  Please do NOT post threads on the forums pointing out Firefox 3 site issues.  They will be deleted.  We are aware of the problems and will work as quickly as we can to resolve them.

Until posted otherwise, the only version of Firefox our sites support at the moment is Firefox 2.

Europe exists!

By Posted April 11, 2008 13:35:00

I just wanted to tell the new publishers of Demigod that Europe exists! So now that you know, please release it in USA and Europe at the same time so players buy the game instead of download it. Because when ppl download it, noone can play online which kinda kills the online community.

If you wanna fight piracy, start here! Release worldwide at the same time and eliminate one of the big incentives to download the illegal way. Too many games have been destroyed this way (Sins of a Solar Empire is totally unknown in Sweden...).

0 Karma 22 Replies 1 Referral
April 11, 2008 13:41:02
We don't need Europeans.

Some of them speak funny languages and the women don't shave their arm pits. This is a fact, btw.
April 11, 2008 14:00:59
Even if the retail release is not simultaneous (it rarely is since Europe requires a lot of localization, and that would generally mean delaying the English release in order to do a simultaneous launch), anyone can buy the download version direct regardless of location. In Sins's case, it has not been released at retail in Europe simply because none of the publishers there (we have to subcontract international publishing) agreed to take it, saying the German market would not support a game of that type. We certainly did try. With Demigod though, it should be no problem since it is a entirely different kind of game from a well-known studio.

Anyway, all it takes to get games from us online is a credit/debit card or paypal. No funny international prices either--you just pay in USD at whatever the going conversion rate from your currency is. For most people outside the US, it's quite a deal compared to local game prices due to the weak dollar.

There's simply no excuse to pirate the game. And if someone does, we honestly don't care if they think it's unfair that they can't play online, considering they're enjoying the fruit of our labor without paying us a single cent.
April 11, 2008 15:36:05
Fear not, I can virtually guarantee that Demigod will release in Europe at retail.
April 11, 2008 15:45:27
Fear not, I can virtually guarantee that Demigod will release in Europe at retail.

that's what you said about my 'happy ending'
April 11, 2008 17:58:33
So will there be a collector's edition like Sins had? and if so, the European release will ensure that we don't have to pay those damn shipping costs right?
April 12, 2008 10:11:10
oh wth, i preordered the game.
I will download it digitally because it seems Stardock release worldwide online. This should be pretty standard, but Stardock is actually the first publisher i see to do this. I tried to download Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance through D2D, but i had to wait one month until it was released in Europe officially. Pretty stupid.

Stardock is the only publisher that uses their brain?
April 12, 2008 10:17:20
Stardock is the only publisher that uses their brain?

yep
April 12, 2008 10:26:45
and two answers from Stardock themselves in this thread... i'm pretty impressed!
sorry if my first post had a negative tone, i didn't know better when i wrote it.
April 12, 2008 11:44:58
And Yarlen is the Director of Games Publishing at Stardock. So if anyone knows the scoop on where the game is going to be, it's him!

-HM
April 13, 2008 11:07:29
...that's what you said about my 'happy ending'

That you would release in Europe? hehe

April 17, 2008 11:48:17
...that's what you said about my 'happy ending'That you would release in Europe? hehe

Dear gods in heaven, do not egg Eets on. The last person to do so still can't sit properly...

Well, you'll learn about him soon enough. Too soon... far, far too soon...
April 17, 2008 15:45:26
i disagree with the title of this post /thread
April 17, 2008 23:21:35
We plan for the release to be in Europe and NA on the same day if all goes well.
April 17, 2008 23:22:44
Nice.

So long as the beta doesn't get delayed for localizations, anyway. Mee... want... beta!
April 18, 2008 02:37:32
We don't need Europeans.Some of them speak funny languages and the women don't shave their arm pits. This is a fact, btw.

????????
Sorry to say so but how would you like if i say we do not need any americans? who have their ancestors from europe(mostly)...

and btw. women in europe do shave their arm pits...

i'm just glad that i can buy this game online and then download it
after all we are living in a digital world
April 18, 2008 02:42:54
In Sins's case, it has not been released at retail in Europe simply because none of the publishers there (we have to subcontract international publishing) agreed to take it, saying the German market would not support a game of that type. We certainly did try.

Actually, it was released in retail in a Russian Federation by a publiser ???1 in Russia. Russian Federation is in Europe. Though there was almost a 2-month delay compared to an US release. Right now SoSE is in the 6th place in game sales charts in a "Souz" shops (they sell movies, music, games, some popular books and other related stuff).
April 18, 2008 05:54:55
Actually it's great news that you will allow EU players to play straight off as long as they can purchase from US site (don't forget to add tha VAT, or sales tax).

I can almost guarantee a game will flop in EU if it's not released soon after US version. For example, the Mortal Kombat franchise was PULLED from EU due to poor sales. I'm a big fan of the series, but when the game is released 3-4 months AFTER, the whole "buzz" is gone.

It's disheartening reading new/forums about ppl who have completed the game, are moving on etc. 3-4 months later, you don't feel like getting it anymore.

As for retail, I don't really care so much about it, as long as ppl in UK can download a US English version and play straigh away that's cool. It's very annoying that compaines make ppl in UK wait for "localization", months of delays for some French translation that I dont give a rats about.

Shame about what you say about Germany, they are mad about games, they prolly have the most active fanbase for Diablo2 for example still going strong. Who the hell told you Sins would not sell in Germany, quite a large games market, bigger than UK I think.
April 18, 2008 09:36:13
Actually, it was released in retail in a Russian Federation by a publiser ???1 in Russia. Russian Federation is in Europe.

Russia spans both Europe and Asia (mostly Asia) and is considered its own territory for sales purposes. We've had good results working with Snowball there so we'll probably continue to do so.
April 18, 2008 10:19:58
Sorry to say so but how would you like if i say we do not need any americans? who have their ancestors from europe(mostly)...

I'd sure hope you made it as clearly a joke as that guy did!
April 22, 2008 09:31:38

I'd sure hope you made it as clearly a joke as that guy did!

He's probably deformed: born without a funny bone.
June 14, 2008 14:43:26
United Kingdom doesn't need localisation, we can tolerate the American spelling! (just about)

June 19, 2008 18:50:23
I'd hope you could tolerate our spelling - its the right spelling, after all.
Stardock Forums v1.5.3089.19545
© 1995-2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.
All times are EST. The time is now 21:10:40
Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000016   Page Render Time:
?? 2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.

Gas Powered Games and Demigod are trademarks of Gas Powered Games Corp. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
Stardock and the Stardock logo are registered trademarks of Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.