Pre-beta questions

By Posted April 8, 2008 17:21:53

I considered asking on the first day, but I decided to wait a day to think about questions.

Here are my pre-beta questions:

1. Generals and Assassins. From my limited understand about what multiplayer is going to be like for this game, I take it that it would be possible to have a team that has a bunch of Assassins, and a few Generals. Is my understanding correct? If not, could someone clarify?
  2. Multiplayer. Will it be the same as it is for sins, or are we going to get something different? Do we even get multiplayer?
  3. What is the game play like? Is it going to be like Warcraft mixed with some random FPS? Rise of nations mixed with Metal Gear? Galciv 2 mixed with Mario? Or is it going to be something completely different?

I can't think of any more questions right now. Not a whole lot of information has been provided to ask questions about. Maybe I'll add some latter.

6 Replies 0 Referrals
April 8, 2008 17:47:33
1) Any Combination will be possible : 5 of One type or 4 and 1 or 3 and 2. They say that balance will be okay for any combination - also I still doubt that and think its okay if in a 5v5 you need at least 1 or 2 of any type. It only is bad if 3 Generals and 2 Assassins or vice versa would be the only viable solution - I am confident that the Beta will manage to achieve that goal.

2) It will have Multiplayer of course. Demigod is mainly a Multiplayer game.
I heard that Sins doesn't feature a Ladder (at least currently), Demigod will feature a Ladder, many awards (both for skill and for just playing), a sophisticated match making service - Although nothing has been said that it will involve a random team search I strongly suspect that both random team games and arranged team games will be possible.

I guess that there will be ladders for different game modes (5vs5 ; 3vs3 ; 2vs2 and 1vs1). But I hope that there aren't too many buckets (unless Demigod Community gets very big)

Additionally you will be able to play custom (unranked games). There will also be Cups (most likely Swiss Style and maybe Knockout as well - if not there will surely be a community site organizing knockout tournaments). SupCom had 2 5000$ Tournaments sponsored by GPG and I hope that something like that will happen for Demigod as well.

3) Nobody but the developers really know yet, but they said that it will play RTSish if you play a general Demigod and like a Action-RPG if you play as Assassin. And they said something about that it includes Fighting game elements although nobody really knows yet what they mean, only that it is more than the arena charakter of the game as you find it in fighting games as well.

April 8, 2008 18:15:09
My impression is something like Savage & warcraft
April 8, 2008 18:19:23
(oops. double posted )
April 9, 2008 19:26:04
So everyone seems to know about as much as I do? I was hoping that one of the devs would reply here, and give some answers. So much for that plan.

I guess I have to wait like everyone else then.
April 9, 2008 21:24:58
It's still early on for the Stardock guys. They just went public with this two days ago so let's be patient to let them get their groove on.
April 9, 2008 22:04:38
Damn TheBigOne beat me to it But i'll say it anyways

1. Yeah, any combinations as answered. I personally think it'd be really cool to play a 3 Generals vs. 3 Assassins sort of match.
2. Single player will basically just be training, I believe. Which is how I like it. ;o
3. It's sort of Aeon of Stryfe or however you spell it inspired with the Assassins, and for Generals it's more like an RTS but I don't think theres a heavy base building or economy aspect.. I believe it's just making towers, buildings which build the units, and getting gold and xp from killing and maybe you get a set income of gold.
Not everything is set in stone at this point and devs don't want to release all the information right away.
Scathis, the lead dev, mentioned something about fighting elements but wouldn't go on further. Hopefully this means Assassins are very very twitch oreinted, as much or more than you'd imagine.
Stardock Forums v1.5.3026.25569
© 1995-2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.
All times are EST. The time is now 02:01:33
Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:
?? 2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.