The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Tyranny of Evil - A Metaverse Empire.

"The most active empire in the MV today!"

By on June 5, 2007 5:34:56 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Hi all and welcome to the Tyranny of Evil. The Tyranny of Evil is a dedicated Metaverse empire that has risen to prominence in just 1 year. 2nd place on the AltMeta and a soon to be 3rd place in the MV is no small feat from an empire with ~39 active players.

Dedicated to the pursuit of evil, we encourage all players, new or veterans, to join us in our quest to be the strongest, most active and long lived empire in the Metaverse.

We pride ourselves on being one of the most active empires in the MV or the Altmeta, and it is that activity that makes us unique. Our members are active submitters of games and have a very strong and prominent forum presence.

Please visit our official home at out private forums where you can find many topics covering game strategies, Metaverse League chat and general gaming and Sci-Fi threads amongst many others.

We hope to see in our empire and we wish you luck in all your conquests.

Click here to join the Tyranny of Evil

The AltMeta, Where activity counts!!

Please click the banner to go to the official home of the Tyranny of Evil.

The Metaverse League, the only team based tournament in the Metaverse. Click banner to join now!

Neilo - Emperor, Tyranny of Evil

+127 Karma | 3333 Replies
April 26, 2009 4:23:27 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

It's not really unfair Seth, it just makes our ultimate victory that much sweeter.

April 26, 2009 5:45:22 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

that gold medal does look nice, CL. it'll look nicer when it's got a friend to keep it company

April 26, 2009 6:00:48 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

He should get a special medal for busting 2 million points in a combined total of only 10 years. Another week or two, and he'll have all 3 of his characters wearing those medals.

April 26, 2009 7:38:29 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Oh great, now the fucking Medals are broken. I can't anyones medals.

EDIT:Nevermind.

April 26, 2009 8:11:19 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Snarkotamus,
He should get a special medal for busting 2 million points in a combined total of only 10 years. Another week or two, and he'll have all 3 of his characters wearing those medals.

and with considerably fewer games than the few other folks who've achieved such feats.

April 27, 2009 1:43:06 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Congrats on getting the highest all time score for GC2, CL! 

May 9, 2009 11:11:58 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

My latest game. 

May 9, 2009 11:31:34 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Nice game mate. I bet those 9 class 1's you found made all the difference!!

May 10, 2009 1:03:49 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting MottiKhan,
My latest game.

Great Game!!!! Especially impressive since it is Dark Avatar!

May 10, 2009 1:10:03 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Snarkotamus,
Especially impressive since it is Dark Avatar!

ahh, how times have changed

and of course, good game motti!

May 10, 2009 1:23:01 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Another 1M+ point game!

Nicely done motti!!

May 10, 2009 3:02:59 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Congrats Motti!

Kzinti empire2.JPG Sentient species taste better...

May 10, 2009 7:27:31 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Bon Motti! Nice to see things have let up enough so you can pund out another monster score

May 14, 2009 11:47:35 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Score a million...get a beer!

Nice job, Motti

June 26, 2009 10:45:44 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Hmm....mayhaps it's time to resurrect our thread a bit?

Of course it is!

I have been away from GC2 for quite some time now, but I think I'm starting to warm back up to it a bit. I'm not a huge fanatic by any means, but I think a couple of leisure games would be nice. Also, after reading some of the newer threads on up-and-coming Mods that are being developed, I'm kinda excited and impatient to download a few once they're finished. And we can't forget the new update to GC2 that we're finally going to be getting! It'll be nice to play the game again with a few less bugs when it comes out.

A toast to the continued prosperity of our small, evil empire!

Tyranny of Evil

The Few, The Powerful, The Deadly...The Tyranny!

June 26, 2009 11:01:09 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Congrats to the ToE for being able to survive 2 on the MV and for having many wonderful players who know how to achive high scores. I wish the Geckodon Alliance could have lasted for that long, but one day (and by one day I mean Galciv 3, if it has a MV) the Geckodon Alliance will return.

June 29, 2009 7:46:56 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Wow....did i get a shock when i got an email about this thread has recieved a reply...LOL.

July 2, 2009 1:30:27 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

My game continues.  It's a DA Gigantic, abundant all.  With a twist.  I'm using older, standard tactics, but updated with modern ideas.  As if that makes any sense.   

Other persuits have my attention right now, but I'm getting a few turns in per week.  It's early year 3 and my year 2 test score was the lowest I've had in recent memory.  We'll see how it comes out.   

July 10, 2009 8:54:02 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Hey everybody, I thought I would see what is up!   Just to let you know I am still around.  

You have heard about the new Galciv2 patch Stardock is working on? 

July 10, 2009 9:23:31 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

The one promised to be done 2 weeks ago....that one?

July 11, 2009 11:47:58 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

My game continues. It's a DA Gigantic, abundant all. With a twist. I'm using older, standard tactics, but updated with modern ideas. As if that makes any sense.

Other persuits have my attention right now, but I'm getting a few turns in per week. It's early year 3 and my year 2 test score was the lowest I've had in recent memory. We'll see how it comes out.

Motto old tactics are great, I use them all the time coz their so good.

My favourite is attacking an opponent with non direct means of attack. AKA i use everything but weapons to kill my enemies. I set them against eachother, I drain their treasuries and influence, I overpower them with influence, I ally them then betray them... In general I use everything to my advantage. I buy a technology for 5000, sell it to 3 other races for 3000. I kill them with economy and with technology gain. I let them do the research and I buy it with my inter-twining web of economic scandled. I make profit off gaining technology from other races, they pay me to give me technology in an unconcious sense.

This tactic of indirect combat, scandels and galactic supremecy came from the old tactics you taught me , well not you specifically but all of you as a total.

July 11, 2009 11:58:36 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting GmOOnii,

You mean that huge load of bullshit SD told us just so we could shut up?

July 11, 2009 9:35:58 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Emperor_Seth,

Quoting GmOOnii, reply 19 

You mean that huge load of bullshit SD told us just so we could shut up?

With every week that passes, more and more people are going to come around to that view. I'm still a week or two away, myself. My two current theories are:

1) They can't figure out how to fix the problem, which is compounded by the fact that Brad has spilled the beans about the Planetary Governor Exploit, or

2) They are actually going to do something positive for the players and fix the GUI issue. After all, what is the use of multiple PGs when the controls are on the DETAILS screen where we can't see what is on the planets? Nor is there any way to easily tell what PG, if any, is already assigned to a planet.

Face it, the most miserable part of this game is the planet buildout process. Why make a PG, then add unnecessary steps? The PG control should be a simple dropdown menu on the same screen as the Planet Surface view. Not a popup that obscures the view, a dropdown.

Now for the fun part: Let's vote!

A: Load of BS

B: They can't figure out how to fix it

C: They are fixing both the PG and the GUI

July 11, 2009 10:13:06 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I vote B. No on ever admits when their stumped when their in a position of superiority.

July 12, 2009 3:10:51 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

D: None of the above

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.